In response to the current COVID-19 situation unfolding in our community and across the globe, we wanted to let you know how C3 Belconnen is responding, and what this means for us as individuals and as an organisation.
We are working hard to ensure we are operating with wisdom, compassion and faith. We are conducting our business activities in a way that is safe and compliant with governmental directions as well as taking into account public perception. To ensure this, we are regularly consulting with the ACT Government, and in conjunction with our Board and Risk Management team we have enacted the following:
- We have ceased public gatherings and moved our Sunday church services to an online platform (from 22 March 2020);
- We have made the decision to close office operations, and asked our team to work from home wherever possible. This means that the only business activities that cannot be undertaken remotely are occurring in our facilities (for example, recording our services) and with only minimal/essential team members;
- Wherever we do need to conduct business activities as a team, we are actively ensuring 4m2 of space per person is available, and social distancing and good hygiene is practiced;
- We have directed our connect groups to cease face to face gatherings, and are supporting them to connect and meet virtually on video conference platforms;
- We are producing weekly C3 Kids lessons to continue to allow teaching for our children;
- Our Youth program has also been moved online using various social media and virtual platforms;
- We have developed a pastoral care strategy including creating multiple pathways to easily access prayer, assistance and connection;
- We are assessing risk and providing relevant information and training for those engaged in online activities as part of church life;
- We have put in place a number of governance documents, which contain our decision-making frameworks for this season; and
- As part of the C3Global movement, we are maintaining broad connections to ensure we benefit from shared experience, best practices and ongoing oversight.
If you have further questions about any of the above, or would like to find out more about how to stay connected to the church community at this time, please email us directly at [email protected].
You can also keep up to date with what’s happening in the life of church by watching our social media accounts.